It’s that time of year again – the coats are coming out, the days are getting darker, and we’re starting to look towards bonfire night. So we wanted to share our favourite autumnal recipes with you; the classic pumpkin pie, and vegan chocolate pumpkin cupcakes!
6oz granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin (you can buy it in Whole Foods)
1 can (12 fl. oz.) Condensed Milk
1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell (or make your own)
Whipped cream (optional)
1. Mix the sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in a small bowl.
2. Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Stir in the pumpkin and dry mixture. Gradually stir in the evaporated milk.
3. Pour the mixture into the pie shell.
4. Bake in a preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
5. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours.
6. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.
6oz unbleached flour
2.6 oz unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
8 fl. oz. water
2.6 oz pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon vinegar
For the Pumpkin Buttercream Frosting:
8 oz butter or margarine, softened
18 oz confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry mixture and stir well with spoon.
4. Fill cup cake tins 2/3 full.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top is firm and tooth pick comes out clean.
6. Allow cupcakes to cool for 30 minutes before decorating.
7. Pumpkin Buttercream Frosting
8. Beat butter or substitute with a mixer or beaters for several minutes until butter is light and fluffy.
9. Slowly add confectioners’ sugar and continue mixing until well blended.
10. Add vanilla and pumpkin puree and thoroughly blend.
11. To stiffen mixture add additional confectioners’ sugar.
12. If mixture needs to be thinner, then stir in a few drops of water.