Mix a pancake,
Stir a pancake,
Pop it in the pan;
Fry the pancake,
Toss the pancake—
Catch it if you can!
We are so excited for pancake day, and wonder who will be eating pancakes for breakfast, lunch AND dinner?!
Read on for Jamie’s super scrummy Banana Pancake Recipe!
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 115 g plain flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 140 ml milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 knobs butter
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 4 bananas
- crème fraîche, to serve
- Separate the eggs – whites in one bowl, and yolks in another.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and milk with the egg yolks and mix to form a smooth thick batter.
- Whisk the egg whites with the salt until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold the whites into the batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a moderate heat.
- Pour some batter into the pan and fry for a couple of minutes until it starts to look golden.
- Turn and flip the pancake over with a spatula.
- Melt the butter and sugar in a separate pan over a low heat, until they form a caramel sauce – this should take about 3 minutes.
- Peel and cut the bananas lengthways, add them to the pan and cook until they are golden, and turn after a few minutes.
- Serve the bananas on top of the pancakes topped with the crème fraîche.