Recreate this army of Santas at home with our fun recipe.
A creative twist on the summer fruit – these jolly Santas are quick and easy to make – perfect for sweet canapés, and also look fab as mini desserts!
10 large strawberries
200g cream cheese
2 tsp sieved icing sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Poppy seeds, to decorate
1. Rinse the strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry.
2. Remove the top and dig out the inside of the strawberry with a paring knife. Remember to keep the tops as these are used for the Santa hat.
3. Combine the cream cheese, icing sugar, and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
4. Add the cream cheese mix to a piping bag with the corner snipped off. To make the Santa face add the mixture to the top of the base of the strawberry. Then add two small buttons to the front.
5. Add a small amount of the mixture to the top of the strawberry and place the tops of the strawberries back on. Give the Santas two poppy seeds as eyes.